"Inspired by many Artists of the past, such as Van Gogh, Rembrandt, The Eight, and a few Impressionist. Time and moments in history are as fleeting now as they were then. To capture the right one in the Inner-City; One with that certain light, shadow, and mood is quite an interesting challenge. Even as time moves forward, people and images present different looks and attitudes. Time, space, and life is precious. To begin and complete a painting is a joyful celebration."
Contact David Buttram at 216-321-3804 or by email at Turnr47@aol.com
View my Web site at www.thedavidbuttramgallery.com
Free-lance artist with major interest in painting for gallery exhibitions, commissioned installations, and cover illustrations.
1991-Present - Art Teacher, Cleveland Municipal School District.
1990-1991 - Art Instructor, Cuyahoga Community College; Cleveland, OH.
1970-1987 - Machinist, General Electric Co.; Cleveland, OH.
1996 - M.A. Fine Art, Kent State University; Kent, OH.
1992 - Teacher Certification (K-12); Notre Dame College of Ohio.
1989 - B.F.A., Cleveland Institute of Art; Cleveland, OH.
1977 - Diploma Fine Arts, Cooper School of Art; Cleveland, OH.
1966 - Academic Diploma, Glenville Senior High School; Cleveland, OH.
• Cleveland Institute of Art “Drawn Together” Juried Exhibition: Awards, Best Painting; Cleveland (1999)
• Outdoor Mural: Westhaven Youth Shelter, Cleveland (1997)
• Museum of Science and Industry, Juried Exhibition: Chicago, (Best of Painting Category, 1985). (1985, 1986, 1997, 2007, 2008 )
• Commissioned Art Work: Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital, Cleveland (1994)
• Commissioned Art Work: Society Bank Corp. Cleveland (1993)
• Great Northern Corp. Center Gallery: N.Olmsted, Ohio (1986, 1993)
• Mansfield Arts Center (Invitational): Mansfield, Ohio (1992)
• Individual Artist Fellowship Recipient: Ohio Arts Council. (1987, 1990)
• Cain Park Gallery “Festival Show”(Invitational): Cleve. Hts., Ohio (1990)
• Canton Art Institute “All Ohio” Juried Exhibition: Canton, Ohio (1990)
• Featured in “Chicago Art Review” Fourth Edition: Chicago, Il. (1989)
• Governor’s Residence Art Collection: Columbus, Ohio (1988-1989)
• One Man Exhibition (televised) and Lecture: Kettering Government Center Gallery; Kettering, Ohio (1987)
• Gloria Plevin Gallery, (Invitational): Chatauqua, N.Y. (1986)
• One Man Exhibition, Karamu House: Cleveland (1980)
Military Service (1966-1969)
L/Cpl. U.S.M.C., Infantry 3rd MarDiv. Republic of Viet Nam.
Military Police, Camp Pendleton, California.